DILAPIDATIONS & REPAIRS
Returning commercial spaces to their original configuration
Acorn Works are specialists in delivering commercial and office dilapidation works throughout East Anglia.
Predominantly working in and around the major regional centres of Norwich, Ipswich, Peterborough and Cambridge, we provide services across Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.
What is dilapidation?
At the end of a commercial tenancy, it is often necessary to return the space to its original configuration as a condition of the tenancy agreement. This could include making good on repairs and general wear and tear, to the satisfaction of the landlord, so that the space is ready for future tenants to move in.
What is involved in a typical dilapidation contract?
Usually we are requested to take commercial premises back to an empty plain shell, in effect returning the space to how it was before the company moved in.
- Renewing the decoration i.e. fresh paintwork in neutral colours
- Renewing the flooring i.e. replacement carpets and vinyl flooring
- Making any repairs needed throughout the building or office space
- Stripping out any partition walls and suspended ceilings which may have been put in by the tenant*
- Full deep clean ready for the return of the premises to the landlord
*It’s worth noting that these type of fixings can sometimes be left in place, with the landlord’s consent. We are happy to use our experience to assist with these negotiations on your behalf.
Our complete turnkey dilapidation packages mean that there’s one less thing for you to worry about when exiting your commercial tenancy.
To find out more please get in touch or complete the contact form below.